Creamy Pea Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and red pepper in butter for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup and milk; heat through. Stir in peas and water chestnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 254 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 29, 2012
i made this recipe for Christmas dinner not really expecting too much. to my surprise everyone loved it! even the kids who don't like peas were asking for more. i omitted the water chestnuts since we don't really like them. i added some Mrs. Dash and some pepper to taste. the peas baked nicely and didn't shrivel up from the heat. this is a recipe that will be passed on.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.