- 2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Pasta Primavera
"Love this, I add fresh mushrooms along with the veggies and sauté, LOVE IT!!!,"
"I substituted broccoli because I really hate asparagus! After reading the other reviews, I also added the tomatoes after cooking. Delicious! Also, the second time I made it, I aded shrimp. This is now a family favorite!"
"much better if you cook it and THEN add the tomatoes!!"
"I love garlic and pepper, so the first time I made this I doubled the garlic and the pepper. I also salted the veggies when I sauteed them. I also added sauteed chicken breast. The second time I made this, I tripled the garlic, used a red pepper in place of the cherry tomatoes and added Italian seasoning. Turned a good recipe into an even better one. Next time will try Kielbasa sausage instead of chicken."
"The whole family liked this recipe. I added a little more pasta (2 cups with all those veggies didn't look like enough) and more garlic! It actully took less than the 30 prep time... from start to finish was 20 minutes! Will make again on a weekday."
"I added a chicken, doubled the sauce mixture, added a second garlic clove and used shredded parm. My first bite I knew this was a keeper!!!"
"I doubled the pasta to 12 oz and the garlic (2 cloves). It was very good. I am Italian and thought the recipe needed more garlic."
"I made this last night for dinner and everyon told me its a "keeper" recipe and not to lose it. It was good however I was the only one that didnt care for the cooked cherry tomatoes. I did use Rotini spiral noodles; and to cut down cooking and prep time i bought a bag of the Bolthouse Farms Premium Sweet Petites baby carrots. I picked out the smaller ones from the bag and just put in the amount I knew my family would eat. It was a really good meal, i would like to try out some different spices for it as i thought it could use a little something more. But overall definately a keeper, i will make this again! Thanks for sharing!"