- 2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Pasta Primavera
"This was really easy to make and quite yummy. I did as others suggested and threw the tomatoes in last, then kept it on the heat just long enough for them to heat up. Next time I think I'll cut back a tad on the tomatoes, there just seemed to be a lot of them. I added just a bit of extra garlic in too. At first it didn't seem like there would be enough "sauce" but it worked out in the end. I did cut the recipe in half and 3 servings was about right. Served it with pull-apart garlic bread."
"Love this, I add fresh mushrooms along with the veggies and sauté, LOVE IT!!!,"
"I substituted broccoli because I really hate asparagus! After reading the other reviews, I also added the tomatoes after cooking. Delicious! Also, the second time I made it, I aded shrimp. This is now a family favorite!"
"much better if you cook it and THEN add the tomatoes!!"
"I love garlic and pepper, so the first time I made this I doubled the garlic and the pepper. I also salted the veggies when I sauteed them. I also added sauteed chicken breast. The second time I made this, I tripled the garlic, used a red pepper in place of the cherry tomatoes and added Italian seasoning. Turned a good recipe into an even better one. Next time will try Kielbasa sausage instead of chicken."
"The whole family liked this recipe. I added a little more pasta (2 cups with all those veggies didn't look like enough) and more garlic! It actully took less than the 30 prep time... from start to finish was 20 minutes! Will make again on a weekday."
"I added a chicken, doubled the sauce mixture, added a second garlic clove and used shredded parm. My first bite I knew this was a keeper!!!"
"I doubled the pasta to 12 oz and the garlic (2 cloves). It was very good. I am Italian and thought the recipe needed more garlic."