Creamy Parmesan Spinach Recipe
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup onion and garlic salad croutons, crushed
- 1. Place spinach and water in a Dutch oven; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until wilted. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in the cream, lemon peel, garlic and pepper flakes; bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in cheese and spinach; heat through. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 3 servings.
1/2 cup: 275 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Parmesan Spinach
"Fantastic! Will definitely be doing this again soon. I loved the hint of lemon flavor, really made this recipe a standout."
"This recipe is delicious! My only complaint is that it doesn't make a lot once it's cooked. If you wanted to serve it at a nice dinner, you'd have to double or triple it, making it very expensive to buy all the ingredients. Also, if you don't have heavy whipping cream on hand, half-and-half works fine. ~ Theresa"
"This is very yummy. We love the crouton topping. Adds a special touch."
"This was pretty tasty, but mine didn't turn out as creamy looking as the picture. Definitely worth a try!"