Creamy Parmesan Spinach Bake Recipe
- 3 packages (9 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 butter-flavored crackers, coarsely crushed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place half of the spinach in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or just until wilted. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining spinach; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat to low; stir in the cream cheese, sour cream, half-and-half, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Stir in the artichokes, dill, seasoned salt and spinach.
- 3. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup: 196 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Parmesan Spinach Bake
"Made this for Thanksgiving this year, and it was delicious! I used two 12 ounce bags of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry in place of the fresh. I also sauteed the garlic along with the onion. Since I increased the spinach, I added additional cream cheese, half and half and parmesan to taste. Since I'm not a fan of dill, I omitted it. Don't be afraid to use more buttery crushed crackers on top. I did.... and it turned out great. A keeper!"