Creamy Parmesan Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups hot cooked thin noodles
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Additional parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, parsley, basil and lemon-pepper. Stir in water; keep warm.
- In a saucepan, saute garlic in remaining butter for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Place noodles in a serving bowl; top with garlic mixture. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese; toss lightly. Spoon cream sauce over noodles and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 354 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Jun 17, 2016
My kids loved this. It's simple but delicious. I added baby green peas to it and served it with a side salad to make it a meal.
Dec 25, 2013
cut it in half, and added Tuna to make it a main dish. It was perfect and easily served me for three solid meals. I over ate at all three meals, so didn't have quite enough for a fourth meal, but easily serves as the recipe calls, and was simple. Instead of boiling separate water I used pasta water, and then poured everything in the saucepan and coated it like that, worked perfectly. Should have added a bit more pasta water though.
Jan 24, 2011
Jan 29, 2009
Where is the cottage cheese, which I like?Maryanne from Brookville, IN