Creamy Orange Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Maraschino cherry, fresh mint stem and mandarin oranges, optional
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually blend in the hot gelatin mixture, beating on low speed until smooth. Stir in the milk; fold in whipped topping.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. If desired, garnish with a flower made of cherry, mint and oranges. Yield: 10-12 servings.
3/4 cup: 272 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Orange Salad
"While the flower turned out really cute, I was not impressed with the taste of this dessert. It was much too sweet."
"This came out well, but I really did not enjoy the flavor. I expected something that tasted more fruity and refreshing, but this tasted so sickeningly sweet that I could not enjoy it very much. It was too creamy for my taste. I think it might taste better with mandarin oranges mixed in just to give it some real fruit flavor, but I do not think that I will be repeating this recipe."
"This recipe was awesome, when I made it everyone loved it !!! I used whip cream instead of cool whip . It worked the same as cool whip"
"This is always a big hit in our family. Yummy!"
"we love take it camping, and bbqs. I also add the mandarin oranges."
"I also added mandarin oranges, pineapple and a dash of vanilla to it. you can also make a layer or vanilla pudding and whipped topping and then layer the orange to make a dessert. its great no matter how you make it!!"
"I made this jello salad, only I put it in a 13-9-2 glass dish. Then when it was set up. I made more orange jello to put over the top of it, so the dish did not look so empty. I took it to my meeting and they loved it. you could even put more whipped topping over the orange jello! Claudine Dunlap, Beech Creek, Pa."