Creamy Onion Potatoes
Betty Glasgow of Bolivar, Missouri sends in this satisfying side dish. French onion dip streamlines preparation and provides unbelievably rich flavor.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 cups cubed red potatoes, cooked
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 carton (16 ounces) French onion dip
- White pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, dip and pepper. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese melts and potatoes are heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 323 calories, 15g fat (11g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Onion Potatoes in Quick Cooking November/December 2003