- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Sprinkle chops with pepper and salt; transfer to a 4-qt slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the milk, soups, wine and dressing mix; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Onion Pork Chops
"These were really good. The whole family loved them. I lost track of time to use the crock pot so I just browned the chops and simmered in a dutch oven for a couple hours. Came out very tender and moist. Thanks for sharing!"
"This is one of the few recipes I give 5 stars. This is REALLY tasty. My entire family loved it, even those who claim to dislike pork chops. They fall right off the bone, so you have to be very careful to pick the bits of bones out when you make the sauce. We ended up using onion soup mix instead of cream of onion. It worked out great, and it didn't take away from the flavors at all. It was just so good."
"Why would you call this recipe "Onion pork Chops" when there are not any onions in it? Strange!"
"This recipe was really good. The pork chops were very tender. I will definitely make this again, the whole family loved it!"
"I have made this several times and it is a good comfort food."
"I suggest omitting salt when you season pork because I thought gravy was a little salty. I will try Mrs dash next time...this will be a new favorite for winter."
"a new family favorite"
"I finally got around in trying this recipe and my wife and I thought it to be outstanding. The only problem is finding the cream of onion soup...substituting that with cream of celery would do just fine. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"This was everything I want in a recipe. quick to prepare and absolutely wonderful. The sauce makes a delicious gravy that is yummy over mashed potatoes. Reminds me of a classic pork chop dinner without all the fuss and cleanup. I did brown the chops first and have used bone-in as well as boneless chops. I have family that do not eat pork so next time I make it I'm going to try it with chicken."
"Made this for my husband for dinner yesterday. He really like this recipe!! I had to change a few things: I used skim milk, I didn't have cream of onion, so I used another can of RF cream of mushroom and chopped up a small onion and placed that in with soup mixture. The meat turned out very tender."