Creamy Onion Garlic Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder until smooth. Beat in onions. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 258 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 25, 2014
not sure what I did wrong. The top of the bread was nice and crunchy, but underneath and the bottom, still soggy. I think maybe I will bake the bread first, then add the toppings and broil.
Jul 13, 2014
Sep 24, 2013
Had this at my Sister-in-laws....LOVED it...not your typical garlic bread...even the hubby (who is super picky) loved it...make it often...great with any type of dish!!!