Creamy Onion Dill Dressing
"I like this dressing because it's creamy and has a great, fresh taste," says Jennie Wilburn of Long Creek, Oregon.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons fresh dill weed, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt and mayonnaise. Add dill, parsley, garlic powder and pepper. In another bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Add onion; add to yogurt mixture and mix well. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
Editor's Note: This dressing also makes a good low-fat vegetable dip.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 31 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Creamy Onion Dill Dressing in Taste of Home June/July 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.