- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Small head cabbage,chopped (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 package (12 ounces) noodles or fettuccini, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add cabbage, onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Combine cream and flour. Add to vegetables; bring to a boil and boil 1 minutes. Stir in noodles and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Noodles and Cabbage
"This was so easy to make and is great as a side dish or as a your main dish. The flavor was wonderful and the leftovers heated nicely. I plan to make it again and add left over ham instead of the bacon for a complete meal dish."