Creamy ‘n’ Tangy Coleslaw
Dawn Harvey in Danville, Pennsylvania uses packaged slaw mix to whip up this tangy side dish in a flash. “I love that it’s so much lighter than traditional creamy slaws and just right for two,” she says.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-3/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, celery and onion. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over coleslaw and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 93 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Easy Coleslaw in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.