Creamy ‘n’ Tangy Coleslaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-3/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, celery and onion. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over coleslaw and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 93 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 10, 2020
I am a lover of coleslaw and I thought this recipe was very tasty! I thought the sweetness was just about right for our taste. The dressing combo was very creamy and delicious!
Apr 28, 2011
We have never liked coleslaw, but it had been a few years since we tried it. So, I made this. It needed double the mayo. We still don't care for coleslaw.