Creamy Mushroom Chicken and Noodles
Change up for usual chicken dinner with a creamy mushroom sauce on top of it. The tarragon adds a wonderful flavor which make it one of the most requested dinner in my household.—Pat Marken, Hansville, Washington
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium-low heat for 40 minutes. Transfer chicken to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes, or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute mushrooms for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add 1/4 cup cream, tarragon and salt. Bring just to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and remaining cream; whisk into mushroom mixture. Stir constantly until slightly thickened (do not boil). Serve chicken and cream sauce over noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 483 calories, 38g fat (18g saturated fat), 227mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Mushroom Chicken in Country Woman September/October 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.