- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, tomato and chilies. Bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk, soup and garlic salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Place cheese cubes in serving bowls; ladle hot soup over cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Monterey Jack Soup
"I couldn't make this as it had way too much sodium. If the canned soups weren't included but fresh vegetables some of the salt could be left out and it would be healthier."
"I disliked the after taste the onion soup left."