Creamy Mocha Drink Recipe
Our home economists love frosty specialties from coffeehouses. They're not happy with the fat, calories and prices that accompany those beverages, however, so they created their own. Now they can indulge in each refreshing sip without a moment of guilt.
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups no-sugar-added reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar substitute, cocoa and coffee. Add boiling water; stir until coffee and cocoa are dissolved. Stir in milk and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Place the coffee mixture in a blender; add ice cream. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into mugs or glasses; garnish with whipped topping and cinnamon. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup: 138 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Mocha Drink
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC