Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, optional
- 1. Place potatoes and garlic in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain well. Place potatoes and garlic in a mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with onions and paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 238 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Mashed Potatoes
"Great recipe! I used Yukon gold potatoes and it was a hit. Best mashed pototoes I've ever had and the cream cheese is the secret!"
"These are fine mashed potatoes, nothing spectacular. There are other great mashed potato recipes on this website.~ Theresa"
"These are delicious! The garlic taste is subtle, but not overwhelming....the cheese adds a creaminess. My guests and I thought they were wonderful, definitely tastier than just plain mashed potatoes."
"Potatoes were very good and tasty, but nothing out of the ordinary. I needed to add more milk than was called for."