Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Add cream cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with onions and paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 238 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 24, 2012
Great recipe! I used Yukon gold potatoes and it was a hit. Best mashed pototoes I've ever had and the cream cheese is the secret!
Feb 22, 2012
These are fine mashed potatoes, nothing spectacular. There are other great mashed potato recipes on this website.~ Theresa
Nov 26, 2009
These are delicious! The garlic taste is subtle, but not overwhelming....the cheese adds a creaminess. My guests and I thought they were wonderful, definitely tastier than just plain mashed potatoes.
May 19, 2008
Potatoes were very good and tasty, but nothing out of the ordinary. I needed to add more milk than was called for.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.