Creamy Mashed Potato Bake
I've shared this recipe so often that my friends call it "Margie's Potatoes." You can serve it as a side for beef, poultry, pork, lamb and fish.—Margery Richmond, Fort Collins, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 185 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Bake in Country Woman September/October 2004