I've shared this recipe so often that my friends call it "Margie's Potatoes." You can serve it as a side for beef, poultry, pork, lamb and fish.—Margery Richmond, Fort Collins, Colorado
Recommended: 25 New Ways to Make Mashed Potatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until blended. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Bake in Country Woman September/October 2004, p36