Creamy Marinara Gnocchi
My husband loves gnocchi and I am always looking for ways to incorporate it into my cooking. This recipe has gone through many different trials but I have come to a tried and true and easy method. Whenever I make it for guests, they think I've toiled all day long! —Darolyn Jones, Fishers, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spicy marinara sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Minced fresh basil
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; saute 3 minutes. Add marinara sauce. Reduce heat; simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese and remaining salt and pepper.
- Drain gnocchi; transfer to a serving bowl. Toss with marinara mixture. Serve with basil.
Editor's Note: Look for potato gnocchi in the pasta or frozen foods section.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 380 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1291mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Marinara Gnocchi in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018