My husband loves gnocchi and I am always looking for ways to incorporate it into my cooking. This recipe has gone through many different trials but I have come to a tried and true and easy method. Whenever I make it for guests, they think I've toiled all day long! —Darolyn Jones, Fishers, Indiana
Recommended: 33 Family Dinners for Under $10
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spicy marinara sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Minced fresh basil
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; saute 3 minutes. Add marinara sauce. Reduce heat; simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese and remaining salt and pepper.
- Drain gnocchi; transfer to a serving bowl. Toss with marinara mixture. Serve with basil. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Marinara Gnocchi in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018, p125