- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir in milk and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove potatoes from refrigerator and let stand while oven heats. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes more, or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
"I made this for Thanksgiving & it was a big hit!!! I don't have a dutch oven so I boiled the potatoes on the stove top. I also stirred in some of the shredded chedder cheese. Everyone loved it!! I will make this again!!!!"
"OUTSTANDING! My husband said he never wants to have any other kind of mashed potatoes again. They were a huge hit at Thanksgiving."
"I made these mashed potatoes to be one of many sides at a huge bbq I was throwing last weekend. These were on of the first sides to go! I will definitely make these again. Cheese, bacon and potatoes....there is nothing to dislike here!"
"What is not to love in this recipe? Potatoes, bacon, cheese...mmmm good! Great dish to make for a crowd. I made it for a catering job and they were scrapping the pan clean!"
"Good very flavorful"
"Oh my goodness. These are the best potatoes ever. This is definitely a keeper!"
"These are absolutely amazing potatoes. You can't go wrong with all the great loaded potato toppings in these."
"One of my favorites, very good with or without bacon and cheese."
"I only made 1 change I eliminated the onion, I felt the garlic was enough. Yummo!! I did use light cream cheese & sour cream, no one noticed : ))"