Creamy Lime Sherbet Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- Dash salt
- 1 quart milk
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 8 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add sugar, limeade and salt; mix until sugar is dissolved. Add remaining ingredients; blend well. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Yield: about 2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 177 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Lime Sherbet
"Wonderful and tasty!"
"SORBET does not have dairy; sherbet DOES. I made this without an ice cream maker (time consuming, but doable!) and it is tasty."
"It was easy to make and make ahead to take along. Light and refreshing ."
"Delisous grandbabies love it and they love helping"
"Sherbet does have milk and this is delicious."
"@ lucy: LMGTFY (let me google that for you) Googled "sugar free desserts, and got 18,600,000 entries. Or try www.recipes.splenda.com, lot's of good stuff there. This recipe, while more of an ice-cream than a sherbet, is excellent- both in taste and texture!"
"this is very good but how a bout a wat to make these recipes with spelda would be nie just a thougt from some one who would love all these thing i can not eat and is killing me ,,,lucy"
"This is ice cream, not sherbert."
"This turned out perfect, now I want to try adding other flavors!"
"I always heard that sherberts did not use milk or cream.So??"