Creamy Lime Coolers
This rich, frothy beverage from Arlyne Murphy of Somers, New York is refreshing any time of year. But its fresh, tropical taste really beats the heat on warm summer days.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a blender, combine the pineapple juice, lime juice, confectioners' sugar, and lime zest; cover and process until blended. Add ice cream; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses.
Nutrition Facts0.875 cup: 234 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Tropical Island Lime Nectar in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.