- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- In a saucepan, combine first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Lemon Rice
"As mentioned previously, the cook time needed to be longer. With the longer cooking time, I needed to add more liquid as it came out a bit dry. I used dry basil but I want to try with fresh next time."
"I LOVE THIS RICE!! This is a super easy recipe with on-hand ingredients."
"Was tasty. Husband isn't a rice fan but liked this. It took longer to asorb the liquid than the recipe called for."