VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Minute® White Rice, uncooked
- 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. light cream cheese spread
- Grated peel and juice from 1/2 of a medium lemon
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 2 min. or until tender.
- Stir in rice, asparagus and broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 min.
- Add cream cheese spread, lemon peel and juice; stir until well blended. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Lemon-Asparagus Risotto in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p42