Creamy Leek Soup
A pressure cooker makes quick work of prep time for this rich soup. Garnish with bacon bits or fresh-picked snippets of chives and thyme for fall flavor.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pressure cooker, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. In the drippings, saute leeks and onion until tender. Add potatoes and broth. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Uncover; cool soup slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. return all to the pan. Add cream and parsley; heat through over medium-low heat (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with bacon.