Creamy Layered Casserole
This slightly spicy casserole was always a hit at our potlucks at work, so I finally asked the co-worker who brought it for the recipe. Now I make it for my family with the same success.—LeeAnn McCue, West Springfield, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Additional tortilla chips
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, olives and garlic salt; set aside. In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream and chiles; mix well. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer half of the tortilla chips, meat mixture, cottage cheese mixture and Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat layers. Top with additional tortilla chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until heated through.
Jun 23, 2017
OMG This was delicious
May 21, 2010
This makes a delicious supper. I didn't have Monterey Jack cheese. I used a combination of part Cheddar, part Colby, and part Pepper-Jack. I will keep serving this dish.