Creamy Layered Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Additional tortilla chips
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, olives and garlic salt; set aside. In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream and chilies; mix well. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer half of the tortilla chips, meat mixture, cottage cheese mixture and Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat layers. Top with additional tortilla chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 591 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Jan 23, 2018
We didn't like this much. The entire dish was overly salty and after cooking in the oven, the tortilla chips started to get mushy from the sauce. We threw out the leftovers. I can see how others might like this, but this meal just wasn't for us.
Jun 23, 2017
OMG This was delicious
May 21, 2010
This makes a delicious supper. I didn't have Monterey Jack cheese. I used a combination of part Cheddar, part Colby, and part Pepper-Jack. I will keep serving this dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.