Creamy Lasagna Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
Makes2 casseroles (4-6 servings each)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 to 14 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese and onions; mix well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup meat sauce into each of two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Place two to three noodles in each dish, trimming to fit as necessary. Top each with about 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture and 2/3 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese over each.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 1 month. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 18 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through.
Jun 25, 2016
I made this recipe to split with my mom. I made one with ground beef and one with turkey since she doesn't like beef. I dislike cottage cheese and ricotta so this recipe is perfect. I did add mozzarella with the cheddar. I had salad and garlic bread on the side. Yum.
Oct 24, 2014
Dec 5, 2013
Instead of making 2 lasagnas, I put the whole thing in a 9x11 pan. I find it needs a little extra sauce, so I just put a little of whatever pasta sauce I have on hand over the top. I freeze leftovers in single serve portions. It freezes very well and keeps in the freezer a long time.
Sep 5, 2013
I substituted mozzarella for the cheddar, and my family loved it! They are not fans of traditional lasagna because of the ricotta & cottage cheese so this recipe is awesome. This one will be made often!
Jan 23, 2013
So yummy! My family loved it.
Jan 20, 2013
We love making lasagna this way. We don't use as much cream cheese, however. This recipe is so creamy!
Jan 16, 2013
Jan 2, 2013
Super Yum! Made this for my boyfriend and we both loved it. The onion was a surprise and it was really good. Had to use just one onion instead of 4 and less sour cream but more cream cheese which makes a difference! Will do it again for sure!
Nov 5, 2011
The perfect blend of cream, cheese, and sauce!!!! my children love it! I have made this dish for many people and everyone has good reviews! I use Turkey meat and low fat ingrediants and its still AMAZING!!!
Sep 30, 2011
This is hands down our FAVORITE lasagna recipe! Have made it 2 weeks in a row and gobbled it up both times!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.