- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, milk, jalapenos, vinegar, cooked bacon and reserved drippings. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; dot with butter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forCreamy Jalapeno Popper Dip
"Crowd pleaser! Everybody loves it, every time I make it."
"I made this for a birthday party. It seemed to go over well. I doubled the recipe since it was for a crowd. I put more bacon than the recipe called for because we like bacon! I also added a dash or two of fajita seasoning. I've made stuffed peppers before and they needed a little something and the fajita seasoning did it!"
"This was a waste of my time. It was terrible. It was very bland for all of the ingredients. I was surprised how bad it was after so many rave reviews. I will not make this again. My husband said "you can lose that recipe"."
"I had extra jalape?os left over from making jalape?o poppers so I decided to make this dish. I like the idea that it is. Same flavor as the poppers, without as much of a mess. I added a few extra jalape?os, but I still did not think it was spicy enough. I could hardly taste any spice, but maybe I had mild jalape?os. For anyone making this for the first time, I would test a piece of jalape?o first to see how spicy it is, and then add more or less for your taste. The only other issue I had was that I think there is too much breadcrumbs in this. Next time I make it I will cut the amount in half just so it isn't as bready on top. Other than that I thought it was great and I would definitely make it again!"
"Unless you have a large family, don't make this unless you have company. It is so good, and you can't quit eating it. I did add more jalapenos and it still wasn't too hot."
"This was excellent! Only had regular breadcrumbs and used pimento cheese spread that I had on hand, instead of cheddar. Will make again."
"I just made this and it was over the top delicious! I made one change, because I was out of Panko bread crumbs, I used crushed tortilla chips for the topping. WoW! Everyone loved it."
"Loved this. Instead of jalape?o peppers, I used 5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (removed the seeds to cut back on the heat). Doubled the bacon. Delish!"
"I tried some of this at a backyard BBQ...delish! Do you think it could be frozen??"
"This recipe is less work and easier to make than the individual poppers. Great for any gathering or party."