Creamy Italian Salad
My salad dressing calls for on-hand ingredients and complements any king of greens—from pre-bagged salad to fresh lettuce from our garden. What's more, it stays tasty for several days in the refrigerator.—Karalee Reinke, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 to 5 cups mixed salad greens
- Sliced plum tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Divide greens and tomatoes among salad plates. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salads.
Originally published as Creamy Italian Salad in Country Woman July/August 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.