- 3 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (9 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced in thin rings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender. While potatoes cool, combine remaining ingredients except parsley and oregano. Drain potatoes. While potatoes are still hot, stir in cheese mixture. Cover; chill. Just before serving, stir in parsley and oregano. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Italian Potato Salad
"I had to add a little bit more mayonnaise to get this to the consistency that I liked. Otherwise, there is a great blend of flavors here!"
"Oh, also, I didn't add the oregano because I didn't think it would add anything special."
"I didn't like the vinegar and olive oil taste, couldn't make it homely until I added mayo and hard cooked eggs. Guess I'm just a triditional potato salad girl."
"This was a great recipe!! I was very generous with the cheese and I used yellow onions instead of red (what I had on hand), otherwise I pretty much followed exactly. I will definitely be making this again."