Creamy Hot Beef Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced dried beef, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- Assorted fresh vegetables or crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended; transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with vegetables. Yield: about 2 cups.
Reviews for Creamy Hot Beef Dip
"This is actually the first time I prepared this dip! I purposely made some adjustments on this recipe and I used 1/4 lb. thinly sliced pastrami, which I finely cut. I used a 15-oz. jar of Herr's Creamy Spinach Dip, 1 8-oz. package of cream cheese, 1 finely chopped Vidalia onion, 1/2 tsp. horseradish, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. I omitted the chopped green pepper, dried green pepper flakes and ground pepper. I'd suggest using just 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper! I used PAM to spray a 1-qt. casserole dish and spread spray around with a paper towel before transferring the dip to the casserole dish.I did place the dish on a baking sheet and baked 30 minutes at 375o F. until lightly browned and bubbly. I did sample the dip after it was baked and I found it tasty! I did put the dish of dip in my refrigerator on the baking sheet! I think that this dip tastes good EITHER hot OR at room temperature when serving! I purchased Jewish rye bread and "Everything" Bagels to go with this dip! I'm planning to share the dip tomorrow with my volunteer dept! I'd say that this dip is more than 2 cups-I would think about 2-1/2 to 3 cups! Susan Wolfe, thank you for sharing your recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein"