- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon each rubbed sage, dried thyme, parsley flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pearl onions, drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen baby carrots
- Melt butter in a large saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Add onions, peas and carrots. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Herbed Vegetables
"A great side dish with wonderful flavor!! It's a keeper!!"
"We make this recipe for Christmas every year. It is very flavorable and always a hit."
"Excellent and easy! Creamed vegetables are so very satisfying. I like to use fresh herbs as much as possible, so I used fresh thyme (1 tablespoon) and parsley. Also I substituted heavy cream for the half & half - I like it rich! I have served this for Thanksgiving dinner for the 35 relatives I have every year, and everyone gives it thumbs up!"
"I had forgotten about this wonderful recipe! What is so great is that you can alter the herbs to suit your own tastes. I have used ginger, tarragon and/or dill weed depending upon what I was serving it with."