Creamy Herbed Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in tomato paste until blended. In a small bowl, combine milk powder and flour; stir in milk until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Cook and stir until thickened and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 201 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Creamy Herbed Tomato Soup
"Excellent flavor! For a smoother soup, I put it through the blender after adding the milk. I also used fat free milk instead of 2%. I will definitely make this again."