No one will ever guess that a soup this smooth and creamy could be low-fat! Our Test Kitchen simmered up plenty of savory herb flavors that blend together well to make this soup a keeper.
Recommended: 77 Foods to Eat When You Have a Cold
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste until blended. In a small bowl, combine milk powder and flour; stir in milk until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Cook and stir until thickened and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Tomato Soup in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p47
Reviews forCreamy Herbed Tomato Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2013
"Excellent flavor! For a smoother soup, I put it through the blender after adding the milk. I also used fat free milk instead of 2%. I will definitely make this again."