Creamy Herbed Meatballs Recipe
Cooking isn't one of my strong points. But this recipe is one my husband frequently requests. Basil and parsley give a distinct fresh flavor. - Marilyn Coupland, Portage la Prairie, Manitoba
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until browned on all sides and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 16 meatballs.
4 each: 291 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Herbed Meatballs
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2013
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC