Creamy Herbed Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until browned on all sides and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 291 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Sep 19, 2013
These are very easy and tasty meatballs. I made the meatballs as recipe called for but browned the meatballs. I put them in a casserole dish, stirred the soup in the pan and added some dry sherry instead of water. Poured that over the meatballs, baked @ 300 degrees for about an hour. Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.