- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 envelope garlic and herb pasta sauce mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, milk, sauce mix, thyme and parsley; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with fettuccine. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Herbed Chicken
"Made it tonight. chicken was very tender. I actually did not use the Knorr seasoning because I couldn't find it... so I used a little of the following: fresh chopped oregano, dried thyme, crushed rosemary, garlic powder and a little McCormick Montreal chicken Seasoning...... and it had a great flavor - not overpowering and far from bland. I'm so glad I didn't use the Knorr seasoning since a lot of reviews says it made it too salty. I served it over buttered fettuccini noodles."
"My family loves this recipe!!"
"Too salty? Skip the sauce mix! Use regular cream of chicken, and reduce the milk to 3/4 cup. Stir in one tablespoon prepared pesto! Also, a pinch of poultry seasoning will omit the thyme. Must try topped with Parmesan cheese."
"Always looking for new chicken recipes and this one is really good. I added a little chopped onion and celery and it was even better!"
"I too, do a recipe similar to this. Using the cream of chicken soup is the main starter. I really love basil as a the main herb but any will do. Lemon juice and a can of milk, to clean out soup, make a thick wonderful sauce. My husband prefers potatoes, so I make instant mashed for a hurry up meal. You can also add mushrooms, brocolli, carrots, or any veggie you want and you have an 'all in one pan' meal quick!"