Creamy Herbed Cheese Spread
This tasty herb spread is terrific on top of crackers or served with fresh veggies. Preparing it in the blender yields a creamy concoction. —Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1-1/2 cups
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh savory or 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted crackers
- Place cottage cheese and cream cheese in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the chives, parsley, thyme, basil, savory and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 53 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Cheese in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005