Creamy Herb Slices
These dressed up slices of French bread go well with soup or salad...or can be served as an appetizer. I have to move fast after putting them out-or there are none left for me!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 22 appetizers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1/2 pound) French bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut bread into 1/2-in. slices; spread each slice with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes or broil for 2 minutes until golden brown.
Originally published as Creamy Herb Slices in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.