Creamy Herb Dressing
This dressing for vegetables is so easy, I make it the night before Thanksgiving to save time. We like it over asparagus, but try serving it with green beans or broccoli for an equally delicious and eye-pleasing side dish. -Brigitte Hinz, Sun City, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makes6 servings (2-1/2 cups dressing)
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovy fillets, drained, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Spoon dressing over asparagus. Refrigerate leftover dressing.