I combined a creamy cheese sauce and an artichoke dip to come up with these bite-size morsels. The filling is tucked into triangles made from crescent roll dough—it's the perfect no-mess appetizer! —Tina Scarpaci of Chandler, Arizona
Recommended: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 carton (4.4 ounces) reduced-fat garlic-herb cheese spread*
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped canned water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cheese spread, cream cheese, cream and garlic until blended. Beat in the herbs, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Fold in artichokes and red peppers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Unroll both tubes of crescent roll dough. On a lightly floured surface, form each tube of dough into a long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Roll each into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into four strips and width-wise into three strips; separate squares.
- Place 1 rounded tablespoon of filling in the center of each square. Fold in half, forming triangles. Crimp edges to seal; trim if necessary. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Creamy Herb Appetizer Pockets in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p39