Creamy Hash Brown Potatoes Recipe
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a lightly greased 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, sour cream, pepper and salt. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cream cheese. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3/4 cup: 214 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Hash Brown Potatoes
"This got mixed reviews from my family. Most of us prefer the cheesy potato recipe that is baked in the oven."
"I made this for a baby shower and it was a big hit. Delicious!"
"easy and yummy!"
"easy & very yummy...love this recipe!"
"Very easy for camping.Kelli"
"I can't wait to try this one! I cook for only my husband and myself. I will use it as a side dish for a meat dish that I also takes 4 hours, and the next night will top a shepherd's pie with it. It may also be good as a warm side to ham sandwiches.Thanks!!Jenny"
"I'M GOING TO ADD TUNA AND CALL IT A MAIN DISH..THANKS BARB PERCIVAL"
"Convenient frozen hash browns are the secret behind the cheesy, slow-cooker potatoes Julianne Brown cooks up for potlucks and big group gatherings in Springfield, Illinois.View this recipe now"