- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook penne according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine milk and spreadable cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add the ham, pepper and penne mixture; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Ham Penne
"I loved how quickly this simple meal went together. My kids wanted more flavor but said it was OK."
"Will definitely be using the recipe regularly. Both my husband and the kids really enjoyed it. And it's so easy to make."
"I had forgotten about this recipe , which I made a couple of years back - my family loved it! I plan to make it again soon for an upcoming baby shower. It's super easy, creamy & delicious. This dish is a keeper!"
"I agree the cheese was a little pricey, but for two people, it is 2 meals. Since my husband is not a broccoli fan, I substituted fresh green beans cut in one inch pieces. We will enjoy this again and again! I think I'll decrease the milk to 3/4 cup also as suggested in another review to thicken the sauce a little bit."
"This was easy and good. The cheese was a little pricey, and next time I will probably reduce the milk to 3/4 cup to keep the sauce nice and thick. This was a thumbs WAY up from my son and husband. Definitely a winner."
"I thought it was a little bland but it was kid friendly and my super picky kids actually ate it without complaining!"
"I added a little salt and used Barilla Plus pasta instead of wheat. Next time, I'll add more broccoli. I think this is company worthy."