Creamy Ham Penne
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook penne according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine milk and spreadable cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add the ham, pepper and penne mixture; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 371 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 8, 2016
I loved how quickly this simple meal went together. My kids wanted more flavor but said it was OK.
Jan 20, 2016
I used almond milk and Laughing Cow reduced fat cheese. Quick recipe and very good...we had just this for dinner today...loved it.
Mar 21, 2015
Will definitely be using the recipe regularly. Both my husband and the kids really enjoyed it. And it's so easy to make.
Feb 5, 2015
I had forgotten about this recipe , which I made a couple of years back - my family loved it! I plan to make it again soon for an upcoming baby shower. It's super easy, creamy & delicious. This dish is a keeper!
Oct 28, 2012
I agree the cheese was a little pricey, but for two people, it is 2 meals. Since my husband is not a broccoli fan, I substituted fresh green beans cut in one inch pieces. We will enjoy this again and again! I think I'll decrease the milk to 3/4 cup also as suggested in another review to thicken the sauce a little bit.
Oct 28, 2012
This was easy and good. The cheese was a little pricey, and next time I will probably reduce the milk to 3/4 cup to keep the sauce nice and thick. This was a thumbs WAY up from my son and husband. Definitely a winner.
Oct 17, 2012
I thought it was a little bland but it was kid friendly and my super picky kids actually ate it without complaining!
Oct 14, 2012
I added a little salt and used Barilla Plus pasta instead of wheat. Next time, I'll add more broccoli. I think this is company worthy.