- 10 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the celery, pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk and salt. In a very large bowl, combine the soup mixture, ham and mushrooms. Drain pasta; add to soup mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Top with cracker crumbs. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (9 servings each).
Reviews forCreamy Ham Pasta Casserole
"We really enjoyed the dish and the leftovers reheated well in the microwave. I didn't have enough ingredients for the whole. In halving, I used one can of cheddar soup and had to substitute 1 can of cream of mushroom and some shredded cheddar. I had tricolor bow tie pasta which worked well. This is one of only two casseroles we have ever liked for using leftover ham. Thank you for sharing the recipe!"
"This recipe was very hearty and everyone enjoyed it, it was a way to use the ham I froze from Christmas."
"This was not very good. I'm so thankful I only made enough for one casserole.... And what was left from that I threw out. There's just a ton of that cheese soup in it and that stuff is not very good. The taste was off when I followed the recipe exactly. I attempted to improve it but it did only slightly. The combination of celery and fake cheese soup that's full of sodium was just weird! I'm keeping the recipe only so I make sure I don't forget and make it again!"
"Hearty! And this recipe would feed an army. I have the second pan in the freezer waiting for a busy week."
"This was wonderful. I am not a casserole person and the whole family enjoyed this."