Creamy Ham Macaroni
At her home in Fort Myers, Florida, Beulah Johnston jazzes up macaroni with ham, cheese and mushrooms to make this family-pleasing fare. "Sprinkle servings with chopped cashews, if you'd like." she adds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, whisk soup and milk; stir in cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Drain macaroni; add to the pan. Stir in the ham, mushrooms and pimientos; heat through.