Creamy Ham Fettucini
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (3/4-inch pieces), cooked, optional
- 12 ounces fettucini, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional green onions, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions and mushrooms in butter until onions are tender. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese and milk. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add ham, asparagus if desired and fettucini; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with additional onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 446 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1079mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Jul 23, 2011
A bit bland as is so I added some black pepper, paprika and a little sea salt. Still was missing something. Ill try cayanne next time.
Jul 30, 2010
I was just recycling some left over ham when I found out we were having company for dinner. We are a family of 7 and company added another 5. I doubled this recipe and added a steaming platter of corn on the cob. I got compliments from everyone, even the children loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.