Creamy Ham and Potatoes
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer potatoes, onions and ham.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. Combine soup and water; gradually stir into flour mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over ham. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with cheese before serving.
1 each: 321 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1586mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
May 20, 2015
My 4 boys and husband all love this even though some are picky. I usually double it keeping with one can of soup and using only one large onion.
Oct 13, 2010
I doubled the recipe, but purposely did not double the water, I only used 2 cups rather than 2-2/3 cups. However, 2 cups was still far too much water, and made a big difference in the end as far as it being too watery and lacking in flavor. -Lori in WI.
Apr 5, 2010
I made this for Easter dinner and everyone loved it....even my picky eaters.
Nov 4, 2009
This is my daughters favorite and so easy... Cooks all day and ready for you when you get home.